Oral Sessions: Instruction for Chairpersons and Speakers
All speakers are requested to make their presentation material in English.
All Sessions are presented and discussed in English.
- All chairpersons are requested to be seated on the Next Chairpersons Seat in the lecture room, no later than 15 min. prior to the session starts.
- Session composition is to be controlled by the chairpersons. Chairpersons are asked to ensure all sessions start and finish punctually as scheduled. Additional remarks, discussions and proceedings will be left entirely up to chairpersons' decisions.
- In case that the previous session finished earlier than scheduled, please wait to commence your session until the scheduled time comes.
- The presentation schedule is informed by the secretariat prior to the meeting. All speakers are asked to keep to the allocated presentation time.
- Only computer presentations will be available for the oral sessions. No slides or OHP shall be used.
- Please prepare presentation data in English.
- Audio-Visual Materials
- Please save your data either in CD-R or USB memory device, and deliver it to the PC Center. Windows is the only operating system available for the presentations. If you have prepared the presentation data on a Macintosh, you are required to bring your own PC.
- For those wishing to show a movie, please bring your own personal computer. You are also required to make sure to check that your data has not been infected by any virus in advance by using the latest version of the security software.
- Please submit your data at the PC Center, and check whether all the data are shown properly.
- Even if you use your own PC, you are required to check your presentation data at the PC Center and bring your PC to the operation desk in the session room 30 min. prior to the session starts. Following the conclusion of your session, we will return your PC at the operation desk. Please come to the operation desk promptly to claim your PC.
- If you need any assistance with the set-up, please do not hesitate to ask for the assistance at the PC Center.
- When you are next one in line to give your presentation, please be seated on the Next Speakers Seat.
18th May 12:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Locations: Ran, 5F, Toshi Center Hotel Tokyo)
19th May 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Locations: Ran, 5F, Toshi Center Hotel Tokyo)
Guidelines for Computer Presentations
All the oral presentations are to be made on the PC, and all the speakers are requested to make their presentation data in English.
Please save your presentation data following the guidelines below, and save either on a CD-R, or on a USB flash drive.
Windows is the only operating system available for the presentations. If you have prepared the presentation data on a Macintosh, you are advised to bring your own PC.
For smooth progression of the sessions, speakers are requested to follow the guidelines.
*Anti-Cancer Treatment Japan will not be responsible for any troubles caused by the operation or actions that do not follow the guidelines.
|Personally brought laptops||○||○|
|Bringing only storage media
(CD-ROM / USB memory device)
|Applications||PowerPoint 2013 / 2016||-|
|Video applications||Windows Media Player||-|
For speakers bring their own presentation data
|OS and Applications||OS: Windows 7
Applications: PowerPoint (2013 / 2016) only
|Monitor Size (Resolution)||XGA (1024 × 768)
*Please check in advance that all the data appears properly under the specified conditions.
|Back Up Data||Please bring a backup data to the congress site if at all possible.|
|Font||Please use default-setting fonts of Windows 7.|
|File Name||Please write file names in the following manner:
"Abstract number_Speaker's name.ppt(x)"
|Movies||For those who wish to show a movie, it is recommended to bring their own PC to run the presentation slide.
Movies should be prepared in Windows Media Player for Windows users and QuickTime Movie for Macintosh users. Movie data should be saved in the same folder as your presentation data.
*Note for video files
For Windows users, please bring a video file that can be played using a codec that can operate on the 7 operating system and Windows Media Player 10 in their default settings (video files are recommended to be WMV formatted).
For Macintosh users, please bring a video that can be played using a codec that can be operate on the X operating system and QuickTime Player in their default settings (video files are recommended to be MPEG-1).
|Audio||Sound function will be available.
Please notify the PC Center staff that your presentation contains audio files.
|Presentation in the session rooms||An LCD monitor, a presentation button, a mouse and a laser pointer are available on the podium. When you come up to the stage, your first slide will be projected on the screen automatically. Any following operations must be self-operated by the speaker. For those who wish to have an operator for PC handlings, please ask for it at PC Center.|
|Data Erase||All data saved into the server will be completely deleted upon the completion of the congress.|
For Speakers bringing their own PC
Even if you use your own PC, you are required to check your presentation data at the PC Center and bring your PC to the operation desk in the session room 20 min. prior to the session starts
- Please bring an AC adapter for your PC.
- For PC with different pin types, please make sure to bring a converting cable to D-sub 15 pins type.
- Please prepare backup data either with CD-R or USB flash drive.
- Your laptop computer should be newer version than Windows 7 and Macintosh OSX 10.5.